Here is the exhaustive work done by City staff to develop the resolution.
Here are some ways that you can help:
Come to 300 LaPorte at 8:30 pm Oct. 2nd and wear our sticker to show your support (also wear a green shirt if you like).
Send an email to Cityleaders@fcgov.com to voice your support.
Call Mayor Wade Troxell and ask him to pass the resolution, 970-219-8940
Your ideas and heartfelt statements about the need for 100% renewable electricity by 2030 will have an impact on Council members. Here are some possible ideas that you can choose from to emphasize in your email or phone call:
● The effects of climate change call for urgent action, especially the conversion to clean energy.
● Achieving needed changes—like 100% renewables—requires setting goals (ones that, if necessary, can be adjusted in the future).
● A commitment to 100% renewable electricity by 2030 supports the emissions reduction goals in the city’s Climate Action Plan (CAP).
● Conversion to clean energy will reduce air and water pollution in Fort Collins, the Front Range, and all of Colorado.
● Renewable energy has economic advantages, including decreasing costs.
● Fast-changing battery and storage technology will solve problems with intermittent energy.
● Exploding growth in Fort Collins and the Front Range requires more sustainable directions.
● A commitment to renewable energy will encourage forward-looking businesses to come to this area and remain here.
● Renewable energy will enhance the growth of solar, wind, and other clean energy businesses and employment.
● Your own reasons for supporting 100% renewables by 2030.
Thanks, hope to see ya there!